But, there was a day I wanted pie. Lemon Pie. I went through my cabinets and didn't find the ingredients I was looking for. Then I got online and found this recipe somewhere. Actually a couple different somewheres, so I won't attribute it to one particular site.
Now, while it was a good pie, the Lemon Juice I used was quite strong, so I will cut back the lemon juice a bit. Maybe 5 ounces instead of 6.
It's dead easy.
Empty two cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk into a large mixing bowl.
Lick the stuff off your fingers. After all 2 cans, 14 ounces each, always leaves some goo on your fingers.
Add 3/4 cup of fresh Lemon Juice to the mixing bowl.
Stir or whisk the two ingredients together until even and smooth.
Pour the filling into a ready made pie crust.
Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Serve with Whipped Cream, yes even the canned stuff.
Want me to write it out traditionally?
- 2 Cans (14 ounces each) Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- 3/4 cup of fresh Lemon Juice. I used the bottled stuff, it was a bit strong so I will cut back next time.
- To large mixing bowl, add 2 cans Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Add 3/4 cup Lemon Juice to the Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Whisk until even and smooth.
- Add to ready made graham cracker pie crust.
- Chill for 2 hours at least.
- Serve with Whipped Cream.
Post a Comment