I wanted a Chocolate Bar. There weren't any in the house, but being someone who bakes regularly, I had an industrial sized bag of Chocolate Chips in the cabinets along with a likewise sized bag of Pecan pieces.
I got the bright idea to try to do something with it all.
First of all, Chocolate is not generally "Cooked" when the stuff is in chip form. You melt it, shape it, add ingredients to it, but it is normally done at low temperatures. It melts at 30C/86F. If you cook it at too high a heat, it turns into something nasty and scorches.
If you want to do all that, all you really have to do is microwave it in bursts.
- 2 ounces (56 Grams) Chocolate Chips - Any kind, your preference.
- 1 Ounce (28 Grams) Pecan pieces - small bits are fine.
- Add both the Pecans and the Chocolate Chips to a small microwave safe bowl. I used a two-cup coffee mug.
- Microwave the mix on high for 60 seconds.
- Check the mix to make sure the chocolate has melted.
- If not - Repeat this step until the chocolate has melted - Microwave for 30 seconds, then mix and inspect for smoothness.
- When the mix is smooth and even, spread it out thin on a piece of Baking Parchment, greased aluminum foil, or other flat surface such as a dinner plate
- Set in refrigerator until cool and the chocolate has set.
- Serves 2
- Instead of Pecans, I have done this with toasted Coconut and with Macadamia Nuts
- You can also try a mix of fruit and nuts.
- With Pecans, this recipe is 200 calories, approximately.