The recipe below was 993 Grams, about 2 1/4 pounds. The pictures made 11 rolls, 90g
each. Hey, I needed Hot Dog Rolls, and three round rolls per request.
Once separated, I allowed them to rise in an oven with the light on for an extra Two Hours before baking.
I made the recipe on the dough cycle in the bread machine and it turned out amazingly well.
The Process was simple:
- Mix Milk, Sugar, Beaten Egg, Butter, and Salt in a Microwave safe bowl.
- Warm the liquids until they are at the right temperature for yeast to process, 80-105F, 30-40C in the MIcrowave.
- Add the Yeast and stir until all of those ingredients are blended.
- Allow the Liquids to sit long enough for your yeast to begin to work 5-15 minutes.
- Add the Bread Flour to the bucket of a bread machine or your stand mixer.
- Add the Liquids to the Flour and mix well.
- Select Dough Cycle on the bread machine to get a silky smooth dough.
- When Dough is finished being mixed, place in bowl and allow to rise until double in size.
- Divide and Shape Dough into 10 parts in order to make Burger or Hot Dog Buns or smaller for dinner rolls, as needed.
- Place on Baking Sheet with Foil or Parchment and brush with egg wash or butter.
- Bake at 450F or 230C for 8 minutes and check every two minutes for golden brown.
The Ingredients are:
- 3 3/4 Cups Bread Flour
- 1 1/4 Cups (280mL) Milk (I actually used Powdered or Non Fat Dry)
- 1/4 Cup (56g) White Sugar
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 2 Tablespoons (28g) Butter
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons (6g) Active Dry Yeast
- 3/4 Teaspoon (4g) Salt
Post a Comment