Yes, I am rebelling by discovering new foods. You reap the rewards.
In this specific case, the Snickerdoodle is really simple, the hardest part is waiting for the butter to come up to room temperature with the eggs. I keep both in my refrigerator and it does take forever when you want to bake NOW to wait for this stuff.
Since I am usually up at 5AM, that's the solution - plan to bake an hour or so before dawn, two hours before breakfast. That way everything is ready for or after breakfast.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175C.
- Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Coat by gently rolling balls of the soft dough in the sugar mixture.
- Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately to cool.