I was getting annoyed with how fast I would go through these cookies. Every time I would go shopping, I'd grab a tin off the shelf and within a week or two they would be gone. I am extremely active with four hard cardio workouts a week, and these are perfect for my mid workout water and cookie stop.
So since I'm "better than average in the kitchen" I went searching for a similar recipe.
It's a similar recipe because they aren't quite as crispy as the ones in the tin, but the butter flavor is unmistakable.
Since it is a butter cookie, splurge on the Better Butter. It will shine in this recipe.
Then you can have your mid workout snack just like I am.
Oh, and you really want to pipe these out onto the baking sheet. I had trouble with my cookie press so I just used a teaspoon sized scoop and pressed them flat with my thumb.
I need a bit more practice with that press.
- 1 cup or two sticks (227g) of Room Temperature Unsalted Butter
- 1 egg Room Temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 g) salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7.5 g) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (284 g) all-purpose flour
- Optional: some sanding sugar for decoration
In a mixer:
- Cream the butter until fluffy.
- Slowly add sugar to the butter.
- Add salt, vanilla, and egg.
- Slowly add in the flour at low speed. Dough will be thick.
- Pipe or spoon into 2 inch circle on cookie sheet lined with Parchment Paper.
- Sprinkle with Sanding Sugar at this time.
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- Bake for 11 to 17 minutes depending on thickness of cookies.
- Cookies will be done when they begin to turn golden on the edges.
Post a Comment