Actually this had been in the back of my mind. Something similar to any one of dozens of commercial Popcorn Peanut Toffee candies.
And boy is it good. Just be careful, it's not exactly a light dessert.
I followed my own recipe for Peanut Brittle, then poured it over some pre-popped popcorn. But in case you want a recipe, here goes.
- Get a cookie sheet and line with Parchment Paper or Foil.
- Lightly grease it. (Optional).
- Pop one bag of microwave popcorn or loose popcorn to cover the cookie sheet one layer deep.
- Put the popcorn on to your cookie sheet.
- Add two ounces of chocolate chips to the top of the popcorn, evenly.
Next: Make Brittle.
Full recipe is at this link, but I will repeat it here after the process for this step.
4 ounces of cleaned and skinless nuts. I used unsalted peanuts.
2 ounces/4 tablespoons of butter at room temperature and sliced into thin pieces.
1 cup of sugar.
2 ounces of water.
- To a cold 2 quart saucepan, add the sugar and water.
- Stir the ingredients to mix.
- Turn on heat Medium High to High.
- Boil until the mix turns "toffee colored"
- Add the nuts, stir, and count to ten.
- Add butter. The butter will boil immediately. Stir
- Remove from heat and pour over the popcorn mix.
Serve: Allow to cool fully, break into Bite Sized Pieces.
Oh! and all of it is 1400 calories plus your popcorn calories.