I was looking for something to make with some of That Stuff (TM) when I stumbled across this recipe. I do prefer my "usual" Gold Medal Flour Biscuit Recipe, but when it comes to that one, I end up taking the time to make butter, strain it, separate the buttermilk, then blend it all back. That Usual Biscuit Recipe takes longer but has a punch of butter flavor that you expect out of them. Once the butter is made, it's easy, but getting there is half the battle.
Or half the batter.
This takes all the thinking out. No cutting in of butter chunks, no fretting over odds and ends. It's a biscuit recipe that you can teach your kid or a Non Baker. For my vegetarian friends, and you know who you are, it's vegetarian too.
This recipe was 15 minutes. It took the oven longer to come up to the 500F temperature than it did for me to make the batter. 10 minutes in the oven and it was done.
- 2 Cups Self Rising Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Add Flour to large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Stir the flour and sugar together evenly.
- Create a well in the middle into which you pour your cream.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Scoop out the batter onto Cookie Sheet lined with Aluminium Foil - Do not use Silpat or Parchment as both will scorch or burn at 430F and 451F respectively.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
Yield - 9 or 10 biscuits. 200 calories (roughly) each at 10.
When I say it was quick and easy, it took me longer to write this article than it did to make the biscuits!