On the other hand, each of those tortillas as prepared is right around 100 calories. Once you break them into chunks, then the calories get smaller right?
Here is another one of those Dead Simple Recipes that I like to share! Besides, it's a rare kid that didn't make Cinnamon Toast when they were a wee brat like we did...
- 4 Small Flour Tortillas - I used 6 inch Tortillas.
- 1 Teaspoon of melted butter
- Line cookie sheet with Foil or Silpat or Parchment.
- Preheat Oven to 350F or 180C (if you must)
- Melt the Butter in a small bowl.
- Coat both sides of each tortilla with a light amount of butter. I used a pastry brush.
- Place all four Tortillas evenly on a cookie sheet so they do not touch.
- If you are going to cut the tortillas evenly, now is the time. I did not cut mine since I wanted a more homey feel to the presentation.
- Dust each Tortilla with Cinnamon and Sugar - To Taste. I used a prepared cinnamon sugar mix that was sent to me over the Holidays... Thanks Pat!
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes until they are crisp.
- Break into "bite sized" pieces.
I guess if you are distracted and walk away from the oven you could burn them, but Cinnamon and Sugar is a wonderful taste so you really can't ruin this even if you are banned from every kitchen on the face of the planet. If you only wanted one, you could even do this recipe in a toaster oven.
Oh as a drink to wash this down, have a tablespoon of Cinnamon, two tablespoons of honey, and add 8 to 10 ounces of boiling water. Allow to cool and serve with Ice. Healthy drink that has only 120 calories!
There, did that drink redeem me?