You must either like Cake, like Pineapple, or just like my writing and are wondering what I'm banging on about.
You may just like my picture. Sweet, isn't it?
Let me put it this way... You can bake this cake.
It took me about 5 minutes to make, and about 30 minutes to bake.
I saw the recipe float by on a feed of recipes, er... well you know what I mean by that... on Facebook and I thought I have the ingredients and didn't have cake laying around so why not?
Angel Food Cake is very light, even recommended on some diets if you are going to have a snack.
Personally I just really enjoy Pineapple.
- 1 box of Angel Food Cake Mix.
- 1 12 ounce can of Pineapple chunks - IN JUICE. Syrup will mess the recipe up and besides you don't really need the sugar.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the box of Angel food Cake Mix.
- Add to the mixing bowl the can of Pineapple chunks and all of the juice.
- Stir until the mix is smooth. It will foam a bit to give body to the cake. That's what you want!
- Add the entire mix to a GREASED 13x9 Baking Pan. Yes, you do not normally grease an Angel Food Cake, but it worked fine for me when I did this.
- Bake as per the instructions on the box or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. My instructions said 375 for about 30 minutes.
Variation - Mash the pineapple chunks in a bowl before adding to the mixing bowl until they are smallish. It will make the cake smoother and not quite as chunky. Unless you like that sort of thing. I have another box of Angel Food cake mix so next time, I'll try it with mashed Pineapple. Just use a big salad fork and take your frustrations out on the Pineapple!